Thursday, February 24, 2011

'Twas the Night Before the Alpha Review...

...And all through the lab, I am still working.

This past week has been me in a ball of stress because everything is happening this week. Projects are due, quizzes to be taken, and a review to go through. I think I finished all my slides for tomorrow, but I just need to make them into a movie and time all the slides.


I did two more sketches though.

 In this sketch, footprints are displayed along the path of motion (a thick line). This doesn't present the entire view of the motion, unfortunately.

This sketch is meant to be a proximity chart for joints (got the idea from E.J. Marey's graphic on train schedules). I'm not sure if this is the easiest to comprehend or if it's even a good visualization, but the idea is to display when joints get closer to each other. So in this example, I tried to depict a running cycle, so from from 0 to 10 (these numbers are arbitrary), the left arm and left leg move closer to each other, and the right arm and left leg move closer to each other. I think my graph isn't perfect (there are a few mistakes and some stuff can be clarified), but that's why this is just a sketch.

I will blog next week about comments from the review, and I'll try to revise the sketches and incorporate feedback, but it might be a bit hard for me to find time to do that since I'll be in Palm Springs attending TEDActive 2011. Commence pee-in-my-pants-excitement-dance. Geez, I'm so nervous.

1 comments:

Lu said...

TEDActive will be pretty amazing! Have fun, I'm jealous :)

Post a Comment